Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Land vehicles

+7
Canadian Empire
imonaboat
Oderint Dum Metuant
HJH1990
Pendrake
GnuTrip
Admin
11 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Land vehicles - Page 2 Empty Re: Land vehicles

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:54 am

GnuTrip wrote:
imonaboat wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:i see us eventually pushing our borders across all of Africa and the middle east like some neck-bearded Alexander the great.
>Alexander the Neckbeard
>Gay sex
>Dat /k/amaraderie

I like what I see

imonaboat wrote:the only reason that i suggested the Israeli's is that they are short of allies in their neck of the woods and perhaps be more amenable towards fostering some
As much as I want to argue and call them cock-mongling Jews as a knee-jerk reaction, being on their good side would make us on the U.S. good side. So we might want to make some friends in Israel for the sake of connections and a sort of pseudo-political asylum. Also so we can all sport double-barrel AR's and Baby Deagles.

Now this can go the exact other way, Israel could feel we were encroaching on THEIR hunting grounds or something, and then the U.S. sends in those drones.

I think we might be better off buying through a smaller, less news-worth country, like that JORDEX (or whatever it was called) or talking to places like Tonga or Fiji(smaller, sometimes obscure countries with last-gen gear that would still be superior to junk yard stock). I like the idea of Fiji because they have had three coup attempts in the past 20 years, so I think their military might be open for business.

i don't think the Israelis would turn on us. at least not overtly. think about it. if Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Lebanon get into a scrap with Israel and lose they go home and get hadji pussy for trying. if the Israelis lose they get to suck up the holocaust part deuce. if we go to them right after we clean the scum out of Somalia and cut a deal for there safety (and possibly us throwing them some scraps of their former glory depending on how much they actually help us) i think they might be fine with it. think of it from there point of view. if we support this mercenary army all of our local enemies will be attacked or destroyed and a cushion protecting us from invasion will be wrapped around us. if i was netanyahu it would be a no brainer for me.

>implying we'd win against the entire middle east.

>implying that if the us army had taken the scorched earth approach in the invasion of Iraq that war wouldn't have been won in three months.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:55 am

> Implying we are the US army.
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:11 am

GnuTrip wrote:> Implying we are the US army.

no i don't i think we are have a chance to become more, the ability to do what they wouldn't if we take Africa which for the most part wouldn't be hard. we could have an army of 4 million men not to mention ex us/British/Aussie/German/Estonian/polish/whereeveristonian military that would join us just to get a chance and go back to Iraq and fuck them up proper like they wanted to last time. we could be the most powerful force since Genghis Khan. a hundred years from now our genes could be spread from Bogota to Vladivostok but before it does we have to be willing to go out and fight and be willing to die if we want to get our dick wet.

β€œIt is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”
― Theodore Roosevelt

just think about it. is sitting as an old man in a nursing home wishing you had been something more with your life better than to die as a young man trying to be come great?
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:16 am

I have some political reservations about Israel.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:21 am

Canadian Empire wrote:I have some political reservations about Israel.

well i don't mean to shitpost or be a dick but we need to be prepared for the fact that we might have to do business with people we don't like. but like i said before if it gets /k/ommandoes home then i'll do it.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:24 am

Might I suggest we start off with a fleet of Toyotas?

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:30 am

Canadian Empire wrote:Might I suggest we start off with a fleet of Toyotas?

that actually is a good idea. they'll take an ass kickin like a champ.

imagine us taking somalia with a fleet of up armored bongos.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:32 am

[quote="imonaboat"]
GnuTrip wrote:just think about it. is sitting as an old man in a nursing home wishing you had been something more with your life better than to die as a young man trying to be come great?
>Man
Nop

imonaboat wrote:

I agree. Hiluxes errywhere.
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:33 am

imonaboat wrote:

The biggest threat over there IMO is PG7V rockets and mines, we would have to do extensive testing but the best way to defeat rockets is slat armor.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:35 am

[quote="GnuTrip"]
imonaboat wrote:
GnuTrip wrote:just think about it. is sitting as an old man in a nursing home wishing you had been something more with your life better than to die as a young man trying to be come great?
>Man
Nop

it still applies. are you a warrior or a filthy civvie? because i'm out of the army but i'm still a warrior.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:37 am

I'd like to be a warrior and then live to be an old maid with wise tales and lots of food to sell to the /k/anamanians.
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:47 am

GnuTrip wrote:I'd like to be a warrior and then live to be an old maid with wise tales and lots of food to sell to the /k/anamanians.

that's something you have to earn. i have a couple of stories but i didn't get these stories without having to give up some blood or integrity or something that i thought i needed. i have no regrets about the little i've done. and i don't think you would either.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:53 am

imonaboat wrote:
GnuTrip wrote:I'd like to be a warrior and then live to be an old maid with wise tales and lots of food to sell to the /k/anamanians.

that's something you have to earn. i have a couple of stories but i didn't get these stories without having to give up some blood or integrity or something that i thought i needed. i have no regrets about the little i've done. and i don't think you would either.
"A man only shows his true self on the battlefield." I cant remember who said it but i expect that our experiences doing this will be more powerful than anything we've ever experienced before.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:49 am

imonaboat wrote:
a hundred years from now our genes could be spread from Bogota to Vladivostok but before it does we have to be willing to go out and fight and be willing to die if we want to get our dick wet.

>implying I kill for women
>implying I'm not just doing this to make blood angels in the streets of Somalia so the sun bakes it in forever

I also see this conversation going silly places
>inb4 sheepdog debate

Make a philosophy thread.

We're in vehicles right...yup.
A good step in this planning phase to which we find ourselves would be creating schematics for outfitting technicals. I would imagine we might need blueprints to work off of, but that's not really my bag so I'm just speculating. Some kind of mount, whether we want a rotating turret in the bed of a pickup or back of a jeep (dat roll bar), or if we want to put a gun in the back of an SUV. If we can't get a proper weapon mount for the one APC we might* get for in CONUS training, we might need to improvise one to throw an AK with a drum up on it.

Does anyone have a pilots license by chance? I know my wife went flying with her old JROTC a lot, but I don't think she was ever fully licensed. (>implying I know anything about flying)

monkey Le Monkey Face

Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  HJH1990 Sat Jul 28, 2012 10:16 am

I have flown before, Cessna 172s and 182s, but I never had my pilots liscense. I've thought about getting it, but it's in the area of $5k. >Why didn't I get it when it was only $600?
HJH1990
HJH1990

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:06 am

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:
a hundred years from now our genes could be spread from Bogota to Vladivostok but before it does we have to be willing to go out and fight and be willing to die if we want to get our dick wet.

>implying I kill for women
>implying I'm not just doing this to make blood angels in the streets of Somalia so the sun bakes it in forever

I also see this conversation going silly places
>inb4 sheepdog debate

Make a philosophy thread.

We're in vehicles right...yup.
A good step in this planning phase to which we find ourselves would be creating schematics for outfitting technicals. I would imagine we might need blueprints to work off of, but that's not really my bag so I'm just speculating. Some kind of mount, whether we want a rotating turret in the bed of a pickup or back of a jeep (dat roll bar), or if we want to put a gun in the back of an SUV. If we can't get a proper weapon mount for the one APC we might* get for in CONUS training, we might need to improvise one to throw an AK with a drum up on it.

Does anyone have a pilots license by chance? I know my wife went flying with her old JROTC a lot, but I don't think she was ever fully licensed. (>implying I know anything about flying)

monkey Le Monkey Face

i dont think we need a thread to explain viking blood rage.

but pendrake if you have access to some hiluxes take a look and see if they have gun mounts on them. and if they do are they welded on to the frame or are they just bolted down. also look for ways to mount armor on them easily. if we just weld shit to the quarter panel its gonna rip off when we hit a bump.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:35 am

imonaboat wrote:

but pendrake if you have access to some hiluxes take a look and see if they have gun mounts on them. and if they do are they welded on to the frame or are they just bolted down. also look for ways to mount armor on them easily. if we just weld shit to the quarter panel its gonna rip off when we hit a bump.

I've only seen one Hilux with armor, but I haven't seen any with a gun mount...oh, I have seen some other trucks with mounts (and no doors) on top of the cab (like on top of what looks like a roll bar but isn't high enough to be). I'll see about taking some pictures of them (it's nice to be one of two people allowed to photograph on this camp), especially the the gun mounts on the trucks.

Anything else you guys can think of wanting pictures of? Humvees or MATVs? Oh have you guys seen the CROWS system, it's a remote operated mount for everything from .50's to 240's that you control from inside the vehicle with a screen and a joystick. It's got thermal (black hot and white hot), which is always awesome. I don't have access to the flight line though.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 am

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

I've only seen one Hilux with armor, but I haven't seen any with a gun mount...oh, I have seen some other trucks with mounts (and no doors) on top of the cab (like on top of what looks like a roll bar but isn't high enough to be). I'll see about taking some pictures of them (it's nice to be one of two people allowed to photograph on this camp), especially the the gun mounts on the trucks.

Anything else you guys can think of wanting pictures of? Humvees or MATVs? Oh have you guys seen the CROWS system, it's a remote operated mount for everything from .50's to 240's that you control from inside the vehicle with a screen and a joystick. It's got thermal (black hot and white hot), which is always awesome. I don't have access to the flight line though.

well if we use hiluxes we need armor. the ANA/ANP get fuck royally in unarmored hiluxes. and i've seen hiluxes mounted with pkms at bagram. what i was thinking is we strip it down to the frame and drive train and build us a glorious infantry fighting vehicle worthy of the red army.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:42 pm

imonaboat wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

well if we use hiluxes we need armor. the ANA/ANP get fuck royally in unarmored hiluxes. and i've seen hiluxes mounted with pkms at bagram. what i was thinking is we strip it down to the frame and drive train and build us a glorious infantry fighting vehicle worthy of the red army.
Thats probably our best bet, scrap iron is better than car doors.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:52 pm

relevant:
upload(dot)wikimedia(dot)org/wikipedia/commons/0/0a/IraqiNationalGuardtechnical(dot)JPG

Not that this one is extended cab. We should have several configurations depending on what we need. Troop transport, recon, cargo, AA, artillery, attack etc.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:58 pm

I like the idea of creating franken-APC's

Mechanized Infantry Manual
trainingnco(DOT)pbworks(DOT)com/f/FM+7-7++The+Mechanized+Infantry+Platoon+and+Squad+%28+APC%29.pdf

Piss poor dismount
youtube(DOT)com/watch?v=WpacymBErvk
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:27 am

I dont know why I didnt think of this earlier, but how would you guys feel about the Howe&Howe ripsaw.
The sheer speed alone makes it pretty much god tier for gun run ops and recon.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Poik12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:33 am

Admin wrote:I dont know why I didnt think of this earlier, but how would you guys feel about the Howe&Howe ripsaw.

I can imagine it now
>have two man ATGM teams mounted on ripsaws
>Rip shit into african-tier tank columns
>Raid and pillage as the main force moves up

Flipping glorious.
Poik12
Poik12

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 am

Poik12 wrote:
Admin wrote:I dont know why I didnt think of this earlier, but how would you guys feel about the Howe&Howe ripsaw.

I can imagine it now
>have two man ATGM teams mounted on ripsaws
>Rip shit into african-tier tank columns
>Raid and pillage as the main force moves up

Flipping glorious.
>attach swords to side
>drive by african warlord
>be 200 feet away by the time his top half falls off
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Jul 29, 2012 2:44 pm

imonaboat wrote:

I didn't see any of the Hilexes out here today, but I snapped some photos of a few Humvee mounted guns (to show the mounts up close for those who haven't seen them) and one of the light trucks that were out at Bagh, before they somehow ended up in the Seabees' hands here(I also got two pics of its gun mount).

Humvee Mount
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sweet Technical
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

More to follow as I find things of interest.

EDIT:
Oh I was googling around and found this
popularmechanics(DOT)com/technology/gadgets/4221601

Last edited by Pendrake on Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition of link, because I thought a double-post would be poor form)
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next