Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally.

2 posters

Go down

SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally. Empty SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally.

Post  Admin Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:12 am

Im going to be buying an older, mid size SUV to rig up as an offroad mud truck, but with a twist; its gonna be /k/ as fuck.
Its gonna have to be a local purchase, (ferries be expensive bro) cheap, and capable. And it seems an older Jeep XJ fits the bill just perfectly.

Ive looked at a few on craigslist, theyre all affordable, but have some problems

>jeep one has rust
>jeep two has a busted radiator and an oil leak near the timing chain cover
>and jeep three has electrical problems and "doesnt run"

So far it looks like jeep two is the best of the lot, I can fix mechanical problems, and the parts are cheap.
Jeep three is a mystery, i know it has electrical issues, possibly even a bad computer, which is bad because I cannot into wiring.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally. Empty Re: SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally.

Post  Admin Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:39 am

This just in, the /k/ mod is still an inane troll, I got banned for having a Jeep thread on /k/, that doesnt surprise me in the slightest, but the reason stated was global rule #1: Do not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to, anything that violates local or United States law.
>you are now aware that talking about jeeps is a felony.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally. Empty Re: SHTF vehicles for OPERATING locally.

Post  Pendrake Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:58 am

Admin wrote:This just in, the /k/ mod is still an inane troll, I got banned for having a Jeep thread on /k/, that doesnt surprise me in the slightest, but the reason stated was global rule #1: Do not upload, post, discuss, request, or link to, anything that violates local or United States law.
>you are now aware that talking about jeeps is a felony.

Well duh, a muffler is like a silencer, which are explicitly banned by the United States, whose laws govern niggertits.

Any pics of the Jeep you're looking at, and any more on that?

Last edited by Pendrake on Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Asked a question that was already answered)
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:46 pm

Jeep one & three have sold, (they also weren't worth it) but Im going to have a look at jeep two tomorrow.
Heres the two pictures from the ad.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Oct 27, 2012 7:01 pm

Alright, that didnt go so well. The jeep was in OK shape (for $500) almost no rust, decent paint, excellent engine etc. so I took it for a little test drive around the block, functioned fine. Then came time to test the 4wd and low-high range, those also worked.
As we were turning making a right into the guys driveway the transfer case made a serious of loud bangs (not unlike somebody unloading an M242 onto some africans), the jeep stopped, finished that god-awful noise and continued. Im sitting there going "wtf? how does that shit even happen", when the rad decided to start steaming and hissing. Needless to say I did not end up buying the jeep.
Now heres where it gets interesting, theres a guy with an old white lada niva, a few streets away from me, It turns out he wants to get rid of it. long story short I got a lada for $250.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:27 am

Figured that I would update on this a bit, I got the old white lada for $250, but it was pretty fucked. So I looked around and found another one, this one being the red one, and picked it up for $400. Its an amazing car to drive, and its essentially a BRDM with a vw hatchback body kit (ok thats exaggerating a bit) but the thing is unstoppable.
When I got them, they both had transmission problems. It turns out that the 5-speed they came with is actually just a modified 4-speed with more, smaller gears, anyways they fucking suck. But I lucked out, when I bought the white one it came with an extra tranny, one of the original 4-speeds. Once I got it all together it became evident that this thing is a fucking tank.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:04 am

Admin wrote:Figured that I would update on this a bit, I got the old white lada for $250, but it was pretty fucked. So I looked around and found another one, this one being the red one, and picked it up for $400. Its an amazing car to drive, and its essentially a BRDM with a vw hatchback body kit (ok thats exaggerating a bit) but the thing is unstoppable.
When I got them, they both had transmission problems. It turns out that the 5-speed they came with is actually just a modified 4-speed with more, smaller gears, anyways they fucking suck. But I lucked out, when I bought the white one it came with an extra tranny, one of the original 4-speeds. Once I got it all together it became evident that this thing is a fucking tank.

>No gun rack in the back window
>No scythed-chariot style tires
>No shotgun mounted to the side-view mirror
>No spiked, cheese-grater grill
>No sunroof for an improv turret
>No chains on your tires for safety
4/10 Would consider operating with following certain revisions
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:52 am

Pendrake wrote:
Admin wrote:Figured that I would update on this a bit, I got the old white lada for $250, but it was pretty fucked. So I looked around and found another one, this one being the red one, and picked it up for $400. Its an amazing car to drive, and its essentially a BRDM with a vw hatchback body kit (ok thats exaggerating a bit) but the thing is unstoppable.

>No gun rack in the back window
>No scythed-chariot style tires
>No shotgun mounted to the side-view mirror
>No spiked, cheese-grater grill
>No sunroof for an improv turret
>No chains on your tires for safety
4/10 Would consider operating with following certain revisions

>scythed-chariot style tires
idea.png
It has a little sunroof/moonroof thing but it will soon be covered by a fuckhuge roof rack (one could easily sit on it with a PKM)
>needing chains
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down