Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Support Weapons

4 posters

Go down

Support Weapons Empty Support Weapons

Post  Pendrake Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:55 pm

So I didn't know you could get 37mm flare launchers to mount on Rails.

Here's a bushmaster upper with one:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I am unfamiliar with them in general (but am currently looking into them), does anyone know much about them? And for that matter, does anyone have any good docs for improvised ones?

The fact that a cursory google search has me now reading about reloading 37mm flares makes me feel confident about their 'customization.'

EDIT:
Not much going on in these Flare rounds

Here's the 'raw' components:

and obviously you could put a brighter* payload on the front, with whatever smokeless(or not) powder you want

Reloading videos using kits:

Last edited by Pendrake on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:49 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : The man behind the curtain)
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Support Weapons Empty Re: Support Weapons

Post  Admin Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:39 pm

Pendrake wrote:So I didn't know you could get 37mm flare launchers to mount on Rails.

Here's a bushmaster upper with one:

I am unfamiliar with them in general (but am currently looking into them), does anyone know much about them? And for that matter, does anyone have any good docs for improvised ones?

The fact that a cursory google search has me now reading about reloading 37mm flares makes me feel confident about their 'customization.'

EDIT:
Not much going on in these Flare rounds

Here's the 'raw' components:

and obviously you could put a brighter* payload on the front, with whatever smokeless(or not) powder you want

Reloading videos using kits:
Ive used a few marine flares, theyre pretty useful, especially for lighting gas soaked bonfires when you DONT want to blow yourself up.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lothenbure Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:22 pm

According to the Army, the SKS with a drum and a few spares for fast reloads, (someone reloads the empty drum) is just as effective as a 240B or 249 for suppressive cover. Sure, single shot, but continuous shot placement. Only downside... Non-field replaceable barrel.

Lothenbure

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Lothenbure wrote:According to the Army, the SKS with a drum and a few spares for fast reloads, (someone reloads the empty drum) is just as effective as a 240B or 249 for suppressive cover. Sure, single shot, but continuous shot placement. Only downside... Non-field replaceable barrel.
With something like that I would be worried about rounds cooking off or detonating out of battery.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Support Weapons Empty homemade lmg

Post  jackofarabia Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:53 pm

hi guys i design guns in my spare time and i recently had an idea for a water jacketed, bulpup, beltfed light support mg that i've been mocking up concept designs for. any thoughts on it?
jackofarabia
jackofarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:05 pm

jackofarabia wrote:hi guys i design guns in my spare time and i recently had an idea for a water jacketed, bulpup, beltfed light support mg that i've been mocking up concept designs for. any thoughts on it?

First off, make it in a bullet that we would be able to find easily. Secondly, I can only see a vertical feed being ergonomical for the shooter in a bullpup configuration otherwise the belt will be in an awkward place.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  jackofarabia Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:27 pm

Pendrake wrote:
jackofarabia wrote:hi guys i design guns in my spare time and i recently had an idea for a water jacketed, bulpup, beltfed light support mg that i've been mocking up concept designs for. any thoughts on it?

First off, make it in a bullet that we would be able to find easily. Secondly, I can only see a vertical feed being ergonomical for the shooter in a bullpup configuration otherwise the belt will be in an awkward place.

First of all thanks, secondly i'm not entirely sure about what round to use yet but my first idea was maybe 303. cal and then i thought that it might be a little big for it so maybe a readily availble round like 7.62mil, and secondly the way that the arm is position around the gun it would be pretty free from the loading port but as you said it might snag on baggy clothing.
jackofarabia
jackofarabia

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:02 pm

jackofarabia wrote:
Pendrake wrote:

First of all thanks, secondly i'm not entirely sure about what round to use yet but my first idea was maybe 303. cal and then i thought that it might be a little big for it so maybe a readily availble round like 7.62mil, and secondly the way that the arm is position around the gun it would be pretty free from the loading port but as you said it might snag on baggy clothing.
A flexible plastic sleeve over the shooters right arm could act as a feed ramp.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down