Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Air            

+6
ZeeX10
Canadian Empire
HJH1990
Poik12
Admin
GnuTrip
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Air                                     - Page 2 Empty Re: Air            

Post  Canadian Empire Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:44 pm

Poik12 wrote:
Admin wrote:
Poik12 wrote:
Admin wrote:What are the possibilities of maintaining a small fleet of Ekranoplans and wing in ground effect aircraft?

I was talking to a friend of mine about that, the Iranians have made their own Bavar-2 Ekranoplans (little two-seaters).
They're good for coastal work, perhaps some light ASW but not much else.
Im talking AN-26 sized Ekranoplans set up in a LUN configuration, antiship missiles mounted on top.

It could work, but the Soviets cancelled that project for a reason:
It couldn't cross oceans with waves higher than 5M.

ofc, if we just want say, 10 of these ready to launch when an enemy navy approaches, I'd say go for it. (the propellers will make it easier to hunt subs undetected)
It's just not a very good long range assault vessel.
They cancelled it because Brezhnev was a conservative and didn't fancy Khrushchev's fancy science toys. I did however hear the Hull of one was for sale in the 90s. Dont know what has happend to that.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:47 pm

NORhunter1873 wrote:helo's is most important, but atleast 1 fix wing aircraft with some capasity is also important to move shit from b-c and cargo ships are important to move shit from a-b
Id say we should look into a fixed wing aircraft that has or can have some offensive capability. Nosegun, bombs, rocket pods, something.

Also if possible get ahold of Hinds. they are an APCs with rotors.
>Small arms fire
>Laugh and hose with gun fire.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:54 pm

Canadian Empire wrote:
NORhunter1873 wrote:helo's is most important, but atleast 1 fix wing aircraft with some capasity is also important to move shit from b-c and cargo ships are important to move shit from a-b
Id say we should look into a fixed wing aircraft that has or can have some offensive capability. Nosegun, bombs, rocket pods, something.

>Small arms fire

I like the idea. but it would have to be modular. and and another thing, i dont think it would hurt to buy up some bronco-esque fixed wings
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

imonaboat wrote:
Canadian Empire wrote:

>Small arms fire

I like the idea. but it would have to be modular. and and another thing, i dont think it would hurt to buy up some bronco-esque fixed wings
Yah but all im saying is if we go fixed wing we need some sort of offensive capability. A Cessna full of neckbeards dual wielding nuggets wont cut it sadly.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:45 am

Canadian Empire wrote:
A Cessna full of neckbeards dual wielding nuggets AND two mounted side-gunners with a couple fuel bombs on board

FTFY
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:40 am

Just buy or steal some manpads for defense. Planes and helis require alot support in terms of fuel, maintenance etc. Probably much more than small unit would be able to procure / afford.
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:49 pm

kteam wrote:Just buy or steal some manpads for defense. Planes and helis require alot support in terms of fuel, maintenance etc. Probably much more than small unit would be able to procure / afford.

In the next few years, it's looking like consumer-level drones might be the best option for reconnaissance anyway. A little ingenuity can make them into bombers or gunners, which leaves transport to some other method (like the boat or mobile island).

Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Mon Jan 14, 2013 1:16 pm

Canadian Empire wrote:
imonaboat wrote:
Canadian Empire wrote:

>Small arms fire

Yah but all im saying is if we go fixed wing we need some sort of offensive capability. A Cessna full of neckbeards dual wielding nuggets wont cut it sadly.

well that's why i suggested the bronco's. its was designed for CAS, but they were so versatile that they ended using them for sf airborne ops, interdiction, recon, and a few other things.

also please excuse the horrible writing im sick as hell.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum