Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DING DING DING We have a winner!

3 posters

Go down

DING DING DING We have a winner! Empty DING DING DING We have a winner!

Post  Admin Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:24 am

Bir Tawil. that is all.
A small unclaimed area between Egypt and Sudan that neither country wants anything to do with.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

DING DING DING We have a winner! Empty Re: DING DING DING We have a winner!

Post  Pendrake Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
>There is no basis in international law for Sudan or Egypt to claim both territories, and it would be difficult, if not impossible, for any third state to claim the area, since it is accessible only through Sudan or Egypt.

Doesn't sound like a good starting point to me, but at this time I don't really know much about Sudanese law. I know Egypt might be a good place to get small arms and armor though. It might also be a no-man's land, requiring some substantial construction or Terra-forming to accommodate us.

Related link:
International sea
>Under the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea of 1982, the international waters and international seabed are treated under the common heritage of mankind principle by the signatories of the convention.

I'm still thinking that some kind of ocean platform or artificial island might be the best option. All dat solar power, all dat wind, all dat hydro, all dem fishes.

Back on topic though:
"Neither nation is interested in Bir Tawil simply because there is nothing there. Land within the borders of Bir Tawil is mostly sand or dry mountains. A well had once been built inside Bir Tawil (the name means "water well" in Arabic), but no one is sure where it went or what happened to it."

Apparently some white knights have tried claiming it.

They've established it as a 'kingdom.'
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:11 pm

>kingdom
>council of elders
>printed I.D.
>my sides

I wonder how hard it is to conquer a six-man libtard "kingdom"?

One thing I can say about them is they have at least tried to become recognized.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:23 pm

The guys signature on the ID also had like exclamations and shit on it. I might apply for citizenship and see what they've got going on there. Well...I'll approach them about it...taking applying for citizenship (even through an unrecognized state) could destroy my ACTUAL security clearance...

IF they've got shit going on though, I say let them build up a bit and see where they can go with it all.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:51 pm

The name in Arabic means "water well" and someone supposedly dug a well at one point, not sure what happened to it, but there probably is water judging by the river/riverbed a couple km's to the north.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:55 am

/pol/ and /out/ are making noise about claiming Bir Tawil, /out/ may have a chance at it but /pol/s plan is pants-on-head retarded, and they'll probably get shot for wandering into sudan while dressed as nazis.

/pol/s wiki: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:18 am

I've been reading about libertarianism and mercenaries, and I've found some promising...philosophy(?)

This guy mentions PMC's being preferrable.
>If I had a magic wand that could instantly materialize a world of
private security agencies, insurance pools, and mercenaries capable of
fighting the war on terror, I would have waved it long before 9/11.

This is the proposed style of 'contractor' under a Libertarian state:

Other Libertarians disagree with privatizing the military though, and believe it is specifically a responsibility of the state:
>By privatizing the military you are merely subsidizing a corporation...
once a private organization, such as a private military company, is contracted by the government to perform a task then that organization is no longer truly private. Since that company is now paid with the taxpayers’ money it should also be accountable to those taxpayers’ representatives. As I wrote in a recent article, national defense is the sole responsibility of the federal government.

My point for all this is that finding a home under a Libertarian roof might not be such a bad idea. If they think they're going to be safe right next to Egypt, they're delusional (inb4 you had me at Libertarian). When the Muslim Bro's take over there, there's going to be a whirlwind of shit. We might be able to get in on their free state and carve out a small company for them. Like I said before, Egypt might be a good place to get some shit, and with all the shit going through Libya and Syria these days, it's a veritable buyer's market.

And if it comes down to their state failing, it would be pretty simple to just coup it up and keep the people who want to stay with the "company."

I'm starting to warm up to this Bir Tawil idea more and more.

As a side find, this page calls Anarchists "the most consistent Libertarians. I chuckled:
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  HJH1990 Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Somebody cross posted the /pol/ thread to /k/ last night, I took a good look at it. Their basic plan was to use the large aquifer in the western part of the territory to grow crops and whatot. Use Solar and Wind(maybe) for power. Anything above that was of course politically motivated in some way ("let's use the natives there as slaves and make them build our white kingdom!etc. etc.) One major concern someone had was that the area was essentially being used as a pawn in order for either country to gain control of the Hala'ib Triangle [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
So a bunch of /k/ommandos move in and bam, Egypt or Sudan takes control. Other than the aquifer (which I believe can be accessed through Northen Sudan) there's literally noting there. No water, next to no vegetation, no population, nothing.
HJH1990
HJH1990

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum