Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frontline Gear

5 posters

Go down

Frontline Gear Empty Frontline Gear

Post  Pendrake Mon Oct 01, 2012 9:20 am

SO I found something that is very mall-ninja, but it's armor:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The actual site:

In a nutshell, it's a level IIIA vambrace/bracer/forearm guard that can be an iPod/iPhone dock, have an HD camera, flashlight and has stungun nodes on the back of the wrist.

I asked for a quote from the company, and I also worded the justification in such a way that I might be able to get one, free, to test for my shop.

I'm constantly surprised how often that line works, even if it is true.

Now I realize this sort of 'gear' isn't useful to everyone, but for my sort of job it can definitely be conducive.

Last edited by Pendrake on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Frontline Gear Empty Re: Frontline Gear

Post  Admin Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:36 pm

Well, with the increase of individual soldiers using helmet cams, camera phones, camcorders, etc. it seems like a pretty cool gadget, cant say I see much use for the stungun thing though.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:25 pm

Mallninja as fuck but could be handy....

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:46 pm

As far as the choice between MOLLE Plate Carriers, Slick vests, battle belts and Load Bearing Harnesses, where does everyone stand on them?

I used to prefer having a single MOLLE vest with all of my gear on it, but lately I've been liking the Battle Belt idea with the ability to throw on armor if you need it and then run a chest platform over the armor if you need to run heavy. This is how have my gear set up now:

I CC with a shoulder holster, so I figured 'why relearn a draw?' and carried the same way in Afghanistan, so I'm very confident in this system of carry. The next level of gear I can add is my battle belt. The holster has straps I can attach to the harness points on the belt.
Frontline Gear IMG_0504

The belt, at the moment, has two 17 round mags, two 33 round mags, a non-dedicated pouch, my BOK with a tourniquet and my NVG's.

If I need to run a number of rifle mags (and more gear), I have an average Chest Harness I can throw over my Holster:
Frontline Gear IMG_0506

Or if more protection is needed, I can throw a slick plate carrier on and run the harness atop it.
(I plan on getting a slimmer plate carrier in the future). That's a lvl 3a soft armor vest with lvl 3 steel plates on top:
Frontline Gear IMG_0505

Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:55 am

Pendrake wrote:As far as the choice between MOLLE Plate Carriers, Slick vests, battle belts and Load Bearing Harnesses, where does everyone stand on them?
Ive never actually worn a molle vest setup, aside from trying on a buddies vest while paintballing.
My current preference would probably be a battle belt or something like the liftchik chest rig.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Jan 13, 2013 6:26 pm

I was trying to fix was wasn't broken, and have learned my lesson.

Create your CURRENT loadout, not your ideal one. This way we can get a capabilities reference without anyone having to actually post pictures (good OPSE/k/).

Note that I treated the small bag section as my battle-belt.

Frontline Gear Current13jan

Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:18 pm

Well Lets just say NO GUNZ is a starter for me.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  NORhunter1873 Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Frontline Gear Muh_in10
NORhunter1873
NORhunter1873

Back to top Go down

Post  GaelForce Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:29 pm

I run a battle belt/harness set-up for airsoft, and I'd probably use it in the event of combat. Being nogunz in Arizona sucks. Sad 

GaelForce

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:14 am

So how are you guys doing load-out wise? Where do you see yourself as far as being utilised in the field?

I have two loadouts. One is a Medium-armor Shocktrooper loadout, and the other is basically a Scout sort of loadout. I have a lot of experience...we'll call it "infiltrating."

Shocktrooper loadout is steel plates, chest-harness, helmet, battle-belt, rugged boots, rifle and pistol. Probably carry 6+1 Rifle magazines, 4+1 pistol magazines, knife, multitool, mini-crowbar, Chem-lights, Gas mask and BOK.

Scout loadout is Soft armor, battle belt, low-profile suspenders, light boots, pistol, carbine, 2+1 Carbine magazines, 3+1 pistol magazines, knife, multi-tool, mini-crowbar, NOD and BOK.

Sustenance and survival gear goes in a three-day bag.

How are you guys doing on your shit, or do you any of you even tactical?
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down