Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Island nations

+3
imonaboat
kteam
Canadian Empire
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Island nations      Empty Island nations

Post  Canadian Empire Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Just an idea.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Island nations      Empty Re: Island nations

Post  kteam Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:56 am

Nauru maintains no defense forces; under an informal agreement, defense is the responsibility of Australia

Gentlemen, prepare your vessels.
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:03 am

kteam wrote:Nauru maintains no defense forces; under an informal agreement, defense is the responsibility of Australia

Gentlemen, prepare your vessels.

>pissing off austraila
>staying alive

pick one
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:24 am

imonaboat wrote:
>pissing off austraila
>staying alive

pick one

>this
We've had multiple threads that went back and forth from Sealand to Nauru. Nauru would be easy as fuck to take, but I've seen how Australia works out here in the sandbox, and the impunity with which they slay insurgents and civilians alike, so Keeping it would be more than just a chore.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:21 am

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:
>pissing off austraila
>staying alive

pick one

>this
We've had multiple threads that went back and forth from Sealand to Nauru. Nauru would be easy as fuck to take, but I've seen how Australia works out here in the sandbox, and the impunity with which they slay insurgents and civilians alike, so Keeping it would be more than just a chore.
That and places like sealand are so friggin small wed need to line up to use the bathroom.
Theres 33 of us and that number is growing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Fri Aug 10, 2012 4:41 pm

Admin wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:
>pissing off austraila
>staying alive

pick one

>this
That and places like sealand are so friggin small wed need to line up to use the bathroom.
Theres 33 of us and that number is growing.

im telling y'all. and I've been harping on this since day one. we need to pick up a pos cruise liner and work/live off of it until we can take some decent patch of dirt. its the only viable option at that stage that doesn't include genocide. (of either us or someone else.)

how ever if everyone is dead set on an island how about here.

also some thing to think about is taking land politically.
remember. the country that makes a distinction between its scholars and it soldiers will have its fighting done by idiots and its thinking done by cowards.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:28 am

I just thought of something. What about that one airstrip the US built out in the pacific and now stores a done of VX to be disposed? If we could do some crazy spetsnaz shit we could have enough VX to kill the world twice over. Also Im really, really drunk right now.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:59 pm

imonaboat wrote:

"A defense treaty with France provides naval resources for protection of territorial waters, training of Comorian military personnel, and air surveillance. France maintains few senior officers presence in Comoros at government request. France maintains a small maritime base and a Foreign Legion Detachment (DLEM) on Mayotte."

Meh. I get you were saying "this is the best option for that terrible decision," but FFL det nearby with French Naval support.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:24 pm

How bout some private island some billionaire owns and only visits on his mega yacht one week out of the year? Most of those guys don't really have ties to the badass governments like some of these smaller island countries. They'd have to call in other mercs, we can beat him to the punch by having some of us pretend to be pirates or smugglers then the rest offer to protect the island for him. Then the next time he returns he'll come back to a fortified fort that would be hard for even the best PMCs to take.
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:16 pm

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

"A defense treaty with France provides naval resources for protection of territorial waters, training of Comorian military personnel, and air surveillance. France maintains few senior officers presence in Comoros at government request. France maintains a small maritime base and a Foreign Legion Detachment (DLEM) on Mayotte."

Meh. I get you were saying "this is the best option for that terrible decision," but FFL det nearby with French Naval support.

well what i was thinking was that we approach the government on the ground of setting up a intelligence network to prevent a coup threat that we create. then when th government trust us we take over, in the name of public safety of course. then we disband the military/police and bring in guys from the outside.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:01 pm

imonaboat wrote:
well what i was thinking was that we approach the government on the ground of setting up a intelligence network to prevent a coup threat that we create. then when th government trust us we take over, in the name of public safety of course. then we disband the military/police and bring in guys from the outside.

That sounds much better, but I don't see them picking us over the French Government. I mean it's possible, like if we can show a greater force-picture than the French Navy is willing to have in place, but we won't have war-ships, and we're no French Foreign Legion.

Cost-effectively, we would probably be the better choice, but I think it would be worth looking into exactly what ships the French keep there.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:31 pm

ZeeX10 wrote:How bout some private island some billionaire owns and only visits on his mega yacht one week out of the year? Most of those guys don't really have ties to the badass governments like some of these smaller island countries. They'd have to call in other mercs, we can beat him to the punch by having some of us pretend to be pirates or smugglers then the rest offer to protect the island for him. Then the next time he returns he'll come back to a fortified fort that would be hard for even the best PMCs to take.

Peter Thiel maybe
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Aug 11, 2012 8:39 pm

if you look at the Comoran history there was a guy that tried to do the exact same thing in the 80's. we could approach the current head of state as a Intel/security contractor firm promising to secure his post against coup or invasion for a paltry 5 mil per year we could take control or buy out all the positions of authority rendering us the de facto government. after that if we keep the human rights violation to a minimal than we shouldn't have a problem from the peanut gallery. oh also as a side note with the contractor option it wouldn't seem odd to disband the police/military and bring in hitters of our own further solidifiying our power base on the island.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:09 pm

Socorro Island -

What about this one? its mehico
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:45 pm

kteam wrote:Socorro Island -

What about this one? its mehico

that's a no go ghost rider. incursions in Mexican national territory would be met with disapproval and several boatloads of federalies coming to make boots out of our hides.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:40 am

That's the problem with this planet - No new frontiers- all claimed - sigh. We're going to have to fight hard - anywhere we decide to setup
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Tue Aug 14, 2012 12:54 am

theres always international waters. you can do anything in tnernational waters. if we get a cruise ship and a couple of tenders we would be set
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:54 am

maybe we can find someone like these people to help.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:30 pm

Yeah it sucks we can't find some shallow waters and just dump a bunch of rocks/sand/dirt to make our own island.
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:39 am

ZeeX10 wrote:Yeah it sucks we can't find some shallow waters and just dump a bunch of rocks/sand/dirt to make our own island.

No but I posted a link SOMEWHERE about how a guy built his own island using nets full of empty water bottles for flotation.

We could make one a few feet deep to facilitate roots for plants. I mean, we COULD make a few smaller islands (to make sure we can add nets of bottles in case we notice the island sinking a bit) and have just rope them together to keep them from drifting too far apart.

EDIT:
I had a thought after looking around EnglishRussia for a picture of a city I saw on there...fuck, back in 2009....anyway it was a city built on docks. I couldn't remember if it was floating or built on support pylons, but I haven't been able to find it.

What I found instead was this:

and it made me think that small floating islands could be used as helicopter launching pads, or even entire mobile bases for staging assaults.

We make the island capable of sustaining a few conex boxes (shipping containers), make two of them sleeping quarters, one of them a central operations center for the computers and maps/charts, and then have one as a small kitchen. Cover the tops in solar panels, maybe a small wind-turbine-generator, perhaps even a small hydro-generator for the waves, to power everything. We could have three small bunkers around the island with some dakka for protection (could even cover them in camo-netting and plant bushes and stuff around them to hide them a bit).

Toilets would just be the ocean, we can rig a smaller conex box to house showers, and then either have some kind of special equipment to de-salinate the ocean water, boil the water ourselves in the kitchen and/or collect rainwater.

Just grandeur ideas

Last edited by Pendrake on Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Idea Fairy)
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:56 am

Holy shit, you browse english Russia?
Also I like the idea of a floating island, maybe we could use discarded styrofoam?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:00 am

Pendrake wrote:
ZeeX10 wrote:Yeah it sucks we can't find some shallow waters and just dump a bunch of rocks/sand/dirt to make our own island.

No but I posted a link SOMEWHERE about how a guy built his own island using nets full of empty water bottles for flotation.

We could make one a few feet deep to facilitate roots for plants. I mean, we COULD make a few smaller islands (to make sure we can add nets of bottles in case we notice the island sinking a bit) and have just rope them together to keep them from drifting too far apart.

EDIT:
I had a thought after looking around EnglishRussia for a picture of a city I saw on there...fuck, back in 2009....anyway it was a city built on docks. I couldn't remember if it was floating or built on support pylons, but I haven't been able to find it.

What I found instead was this:

and it made me think that small floating islands could be used as helicopter launching pads, or even entire mobile bases for staging assaults.

We make the island capable of sustaining a few conex boxes (shipping containers), make two of them sleeping quarters, one of them a central operations center for the computers and maps/charts, and then have one as a small kitchen. Cover the tops in solar panels, maybe a small wind-turbine-generator, perhaps even a small hydro-generator for the waves, to power everything. We could have three small bunkers around the island with some dakka for protection (could even cover them in camo-netting and plant bushes and stuff around them to hide them a bit).

Toilets would just be the ocean, we can rig a smaller conex box to house showers, and then either have some kind of special equipment to de-salinate the ocean water, boil the water ourselves in the kitchen and/or collect rainwater.

Just grandeur ideas

i like how your thinking i toyed with the idea of a fishing boat that used 55 gallon drums filled with spray styrofoam as pontoons a few years back. never got around to it. i bet we could do something like that.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 am

No One Paying Attention to 27,000 Abandoned Oil Rigs in the Gulf

Abandoned Island City Hashima, Japan

Law of salvage
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:53 pm

kteam wrote:No One Paying Attention to 27,000 Abandoned Oil Rigs in the Gulf

Even the permanently plugged wells pose a threat of leaking. Petroleum engineers told AP that the plugs erode over time and that sometimes depressurized wells can re-pressurize and burst through their caps. In addition to the possibility of leaking quietly underwater, these time bombs pose the danger of exploding. With no one keeping tabs on the well sites, the response to an accident (tug boat collision, geological shift, etc.) could take much longer than with an active well head.

Despite evidence that these abandoned and temporarily abandoned wells are at risk of leaking at any time (as geological conditions shift and cement deteriorates) the plugged wells in federal waters are also often ignored. States, especially California and Texas, have had to reseal a number of wells for environmental and safety purposes. The same wells in federal water would have been left unseen, their cracks and leaks hidden deep under water and paperwork.

I see THOSE SPECIFIC rigs as being more trouble than they're worth. Offshore rig is a good idea, but those ones have 'ecological disaster' written on the wall. If we were able to just buy one off of a state for cheap (because I really don't see any state honoring a maritime law in their territorial waters [although I would be chuffed to bits if they did]), I would be worried about waking up one day, looking over the edge and the ocean being black for miles around. That leads to Gov't ships all over us. Unless they tried to pull "emergency safety inspection" on us, we could deny them access to the rig, but even then it makes me uncomfortable to imagine.

Here's a used offshore rig for $25k

As for abandoned urban areas:
There are quite a few ghost towns in the U.S. (I don't know if you're an Americlap or not K-Team), which the HowStuffWorks mentions when it talks about Silent Hill (Centralia, Pennsylvania).

Personally, I like camouflage, so an abandoned city might just not be monitored when the drones first kick online in U.S. airspace.

Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:09 pm

Or if we are down with freezing our nuts off

kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content