Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ships, boats, and other floating vessels.

5 posters

Go down

Ships, boats, and other floating vessels. Empty Ships, boats, and other floating vessels.

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:35 am

I saw an article about a boat powered by the engine off a seaking helicopter, it goes 120mph, now we dont need that but wee do need a boat that can outrun all pirate launches if we are going to maintain order in clusterfuck bay.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyways, the idea of fitting small turbines to jet boats sounds like it will transfer well to our situation.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Ships, boats, and other floating vessels. Empty Re: Ships, boats, and other floating vessels.

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:44 pm

Admin wrote:I saw an article about a boat powered by the engine off a seaking helicopter, it goes 120mph, now we dont need that but wee do need a boat that can outrun all pirate launches if we are going to maintain order in clusterfuck bay.
newlaunches com/archives/jet_boat_fitted_with_jet_engine_is_an_awesome_combo.php

Anyways, the idea of fitting small turbines to jet boats sounds like it will transfer well to our situation.

what we need to be mindful of is that they need to be fast but the also need to be stable enough to fire heavy machine/light artillery guns off of. and also not prone to sinking.

some thing else ive been toying with suggesting is to get a couple of nice looking yachts as bait boats.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Ships, boats, and other floating vessels. Empty Re: Ships, boats, and other floating vessels.

Post  Pendrake Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:23 pm

imonaboat wrote:
some thing else ive been toying with suggesting is to get a couple of nice looking yachts as bait boats.

I like your style, waiting for them to board and we CQB/bayonet charge them, then we have a few guys concealed on the deck with Heavier weapons to open up on the ships, or (depending on how close the boats sit to the ship) send out a few sapper-swimmers to board their crafts or scuttle them.

One yacht would also be easy quarters and storage.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

I like your style, waiting for them to board and we CQB/bayonet charge them, then we have a few guys concealed on the deck with Heavier weapons to open up on the ships, or (depending on how close the boats sit to the ship) send out a few sapper-swimmers to board their crafts or scuttle them.

can you imagine a pirate explaining to his warlord? "well sir when we went on the boat someone screamed charge and 20 fat white dudes with bayonets fixed ran us down and started stabbing us i barely made it sir.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:45 pm

Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

Scuttle them? Psh to the victor go the spoils. I want a fleet of niggerboats I can load down with explosives and send at full throttle into the harbor the pirates operate out of, just for kicks.
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:59 pm

ZeeX10 wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

Scuttle them? Psh to the victor go the spoils. I want a fleet of niggerboats I can load down with explosives and send at full throttle into the harbor the pirates operate out of, just for kicks.

I prefer to take the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. noob approach, take literally everything you can possibly take, if you cant use it then you sell it.
But seriously we take their gear, weapons, boats etc. and stockpile them, we could sell the weapons and use their wooden boats for construction materials.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Admin wrote:
ZeeX10 wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

I prefer to take the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. noob approach, take literally everything you can possibly take, if you cant use it then you sell it.
But seriously we take their gear, weapons, boats etc. and stockpile them, we could sell the weapons and use their wooden boats for construction materials.

I can see it now, our homes would consist of 2 overturned 15' rowboats like a clam with the mouth shoved in the sand with cammie nets as the "doors" at either end and our HQ building will be a 35' fishing boat sunk into the sand.
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:13 pm

ZeeX10 wrote:
Admin wrote:
ZeeX10 wrote:
Pendrake wrote:
imonaboat wrote:

I can see it now, our homes would consist of 2 overturned 15' rowboats like a clam with the mouth shoved in the sand with cammie nets as the "doors" at either end and our HQ building will be a 35' fishing boat sunk into the sand.

>imokwiththis.jpg
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  NORhunter1873 Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:56 pm

can we buy a submarine? i can be the submarine commander.
maritimesales(dotcom)PI12.htm
NORhunter1873
NORhunter1873

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:03 pm

NORhunter1873 wrote:can we buy a submarine? i can be the submarine commander.
maritimesales(dotcom)PI12.htm

Just remember that whatever awesome vehicles we acquire must be maintained. Aircraft have an insane amount of maintenance required, and ships fall in behind them. I'm not of the submariner community, so the specifics are unknown to me, but I'd be willing to bet that the upkeep would require a dedicated staff (which brings us partially back to the 'dedicated staff' v 'everybody does everything' conundrum).
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  NORhunter1873 Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 pm

if we got one of these en.wikipedia /wiki/Oslo_class_frigate or something like it
and 3 of these en.wikipedia /wiki/Dabur_class_patrol_boat or somthing like it. then we wold have a navy whit 4ships and less than 200men.
if we got the money and man power we can invest in 2 sub's like this en.wikipedia /wiki/Whiskey_class_submarine and 1 smal aircraft carrier, 3more pt boats and one mere frigate.

all this is counting on us having moneys and manpower ofc.
/dreaming off.
NORhunter1873
NORhunter1873

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum