Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Currency  

+6
Kolt.1911
Canadian Empire
imonaboat
Admin
Poik12
GnuTrip
10 posters

Go down

Currency   Empty Currency  

Post  GnuTrip Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:14 pm

Pretty early for currency, but this thread is just for speculation on the future, like most stuff right now.

A coin I'm thinking of ( Back side )

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Currency   Empty Re: Currency  

Post  Poik12 Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:53 am

>Not using top-tier BOOLITS as currency like metro 2033

I am disappoint
Poik12
Poik12

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:56 am

Poik12 wrote:>Not using top-tier BOOLITS as currency like metro 2033

I am disappoint
We actually talked about that, but inflation and deflation after battles and resupply flights would make this impractical, unless we used 5.7x28mm.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:05 pm

Admin wrote:
Poik12 wrote:>Not using top-tier BOOLITS as currency like metro 2033

I am disappoint
We actually talked about that, but inflation and deflation after battles and resupply flights would make this impractical, unless we used 5.7x28mm.

we still have the same problem.
>5.7 is national currency
>5.7 everwhere
>people buy gimmick guns that eat 5.7
>accidentally the economy because everyone uses gimmick guns

p90's. fml
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:13 pm

Bullets as currency, counterfeits, counterfeits everywhere.
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:15 pm

Reloading benches will replace banks.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Canadian Empire wrote:Reloading benches will replace banks.

you know im actually ok with this. but companies like federal and tula would become the new federal reserve.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kolt.1911 Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:09 pm

>using boolits as currency in a country whose sole reason for existence is to kill the ever living fuck out of shit

A Scooby Dooby Doo
Kolt.1911
Kolt.1911

https://facebook.com/kolt.tolleson

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:27 pm

I want a coin with an A10 on it, then the saying around the edge would read "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT".
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  NORhunter1873 Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:25 am

monopoly money
NORhunter1873
NORhunter1873

Back to top Go down

Post  Tactical Operator Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am

ZeeX10 wrote:I want a coin with an A10 on it, then the saying around the edge would read "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT".
I second this, also we need to name the currency "Nugget"

Tactical Operator

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 am

Tactical Operator wrote:
ZeeX10 wrote:I want a coin with an A10 on it, then the saying around the edge would read "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT".
I second this, also we need to name the currency "Nugget"
"That will be 7 nuggets please"
I think the nugget should be featured on the $100 dollar bill. Or we could use nuggets as $100 bills.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Wed Jul 24, 2013 12:23 am

Gentlemen. I apologize with the irregularity for which i have been posting lately. but I've been thinking.

My idea is that we use a gold backed paper chit system. We purchase an amount of gold and assign a value to an arbitrary amount (like say 20 nuggets = 1 gram) from there we print chits to circulate rather than to risk allowing our gold reserves to leave the country.  If we did it that way, technically the nugget currency would be one of the most valued currencies in the world.
There are several easy ways to fuck this up, however and we must be careful not to because this could easily ruin us.
1. NEVER, NEVER change the value of the gold.  If you go with one gram having the value of 20 nuggets, it will be like that until the end of time.
2. Never, never print more nuggets than what you have as gold. For instance if we have  1 kilo and the value is set at 20 nuggets that means that you have 20,000.00 nuggets, while its ok to have less nuggets even the hint that there could be more could destabilize the currency
3. If we ever take out a loan using our gold as collateral we must remove the nuggets that the said gold backs from circulation. This will be easy as we will be constantly reprinting the chits to replenish the worn out money.
4. We do not have a central bank, the treasury should not have any control over the value of the nugget, in fact we should encourage private banks to print there own chits. though any bank that prints there own chits must  maintain under direct control, gold that can back their chits within our jurisdiction, and must be available for inspection to insure that they are complying with the same standards as the treasury

Please tell me what you think of this as I have racked my brains and for the life of me cannot think of a better solution.

EDIT: Also forgot, while many think that looking at developing a currency is immature I would have to readvise, a reserve (even a small one) could be a life saver. and with an intra-compound currency we could pool our real money together for things everybody needs (building the place, seed, wells) and we can use our funny money as currency to buy from one another (individual food, liquor and toilet paper).
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:18 am

Let's just see how bitcoins are doing in a few years. The feds just arrested a dude in a drug sting when he transferred Bitcoins as the currency, meaning the gubmit recognizes Bitcoins AS legitimate currency. Interesting time we live in. Plus, I've heard*** there are cheap firearms on the Dark side of the net. Cool

EDIT:
Cold coins might also just be a good way. Gold coins with a hole in the center like old Yin so you can keep it on strings in your groin-purse or whatever. I know I have a coin fetish though.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:49 am

Pendrake wrote:Let's just see how bitcoins are doing in a few years. The feds just arrested a dude in a drug sting when he transferred Bitcoins as the currency, meaning the gubmit recognizes Bitcoins AS legitimate currency. Interesting time we live in. Plus, I've heard*** there are cheap firearms on the Dark side of the net. Cool

EDIT:
Cold coins might also just be a good way. Gold coins with a hole in the center like old Yin so you can keep it on strings in your groin-purse or whatever. I know I have a coin fetish though.

I'm all for coins, the problem is that they get heavy (thats why AAFES uses pogs instead of change. and also if we use for instance gold bullion as legal tender that means that it could be shipped out of our AO and not everyone is broke. That along with the fact that the small size you can find is currently going fo 53 dollars means that using gold directly is really bad idea. and if we do the copper-silver-gold thing to step up values we have another problem. Say our pennies are copper and our dollars are silver. well in the global market when the value of copper falls and the value of silver rises, a person would still be able to buy an ounce of silver for a hundred pennies when in reality they should need 400 pennies.
Not only does that fuck over the guy that traded 1 dollar for 100 pennies it fucks over the tresurary because they can no longer afford to sustain the silver.

Also, I love bitcoins. but its my opionion that our reserve should be something tangible that could be readily sold traded, or used as collateral.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:06 am

imonaboat wrote: I love bitcoins. but its my opionion that our reserve should be something tangible that could be readily sold traded, or used as collateral.

Somebody's never seen real bitcoins:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

These ones are real troy silver, but most just have a code on them to redeem them to a digital wallet.

imonaboat wrote:
in the global market when the value of copper falls and the value of silver rises, a person would still be able to buy an ounce of silver for a hundred pennies when in reality they should need 400 pennies.
Not only does that fuck over the guy that traded 1 dollar for 100 pennies it fucks over the tresurary because they can no longer afford to sustain the silver.

That's how ALL money works though. It increases and decreases in relative value. The price of gold can go up or down, true, but unlike the paper money of a country, it will always be worth something. Besides, a central treasury is a Draconian construct that should disappear and let the marketevolve through its own problems.

Coins are heavy, yes, but most of the American coins we use are almost worthless because they're mostly cheap metals now (like nickel) and no longer have gold backing them, so if the country's economy crashes its money is now toilet paper and toys. Gold is always worth more than the weight of shipping it, as are precious stones.

tl;dr, A gold coin the size of a penny, is worth 10,000 pennies. Paying for the cost of shipping 5 grand in American change, is the same cost as shipping like a million dollars in gold.

Imagine buying an APC with the coins in your pocket.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:51 pm

Pendrake wrote:

Somebody's never seen real bitcoins:

Nough. my. god.

What if we do that?

Pendrake wrote:

Imagine buying an APC with the coins in your pocket.

well i'm hard now.

all right if we go with a hard currency option we need to invest in both gold AND silver and also we need to develop both a constant supply and way to pay for said supply.

also if we buy in bulk these guys are the best that i've found over the net.

imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:37 pm

Economics hurts my head. A lot.
Why dont we create our own currency for purchases within us, and have it synchronize with minimum wage. I.e. one hour of work is equal to $10, and transactions are measured hours and fractions of hours.
As for international transactions, we have our central "government" operate an offshore swiss bank account, using an existing countries money, say the euro for example. So whenever we need a new shipment of ammo, tanks, shit tickets, food, etc. it is paid for through the central banks offshore account.
I haven't quite brained out how we would keep money in said account yet, but its a work in progress.

Although, if we go with buttcoins, we could run a large bitcoin mining operation and live off that.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:34 pm

Admin wrote:Economics hurts my head. A lot.
Why dont we create our own currency for purchases within us, and have it synchronize with minimum wage. I.e. one hour of work is equal to $10, and transactions are measured hours and fractions of hours.
As for international transactions, we have our central "government" operate an offshore swiss bank account, using an existing countries money, say the euro for example. So whenever we need a new shipment of ammo, tanks, shit tickets, food, etc. it is paid for through the central banks offshore account.
I haven't quite brained out how we would keep money in said account yet, but its a work in progress.

Although, if we go with buttcoins, we could run a large bitcoin mining operation and live off that.

Ilikeit.jpg

the only thing is the hours. how would we jive the the value of gold and silver spot prices with how much an hour of work costs. and also what if someone earns more than someone else. thats why i originally suggested a gold backed paper currency. and to answer the how to make money question i would bet a nut that we can get a gig pulling security in the of the shittier parts of the world. especially if we are willing to overlook the...undemocratic activities. and also we could extort the shit out of people if we are willing to play fast and loose with our self preservation.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Well, I hadn't really got into valuing specific jobs so I'm still pretty stumped on that one.
Regardless, gold backing is a very solid plan. We could still incorporate bitcoins into that just for sheer convenience and mining.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:29 am

In my head, bit coins are a good way if buying things without being traced. Bit coin mining is slowing down the closer it draws to the limit (they were designed with a finite limit and the half-way point has been reached). Bit coins would be for silk-road-style purchases.

Gold is a good internal currency because we can transfer it to the paper-currency of a country very easily, but not maintain massive amounts of different currencies.

I realize now that you're thinking long term "our country of 5,000 people" And I've been thinking about the small-scale "we have a guild of 200 people."

I think something like the imposition of a national currency would be something you would do out of necessity when the need arose. Plus, are we really going to start a conventional government? We're trying to create a plot of land for us using force, with the help of other people who live their lives exporting violence. We're going to be proto-Somalia, without the government intervention (which reminds me, I invite you all to read the essay on Somalia that floats the notion it has gotten better without ANY government intervention).

Currency is something the free-market decides on, if you want it to last. Or you can do like the US did and create a regulating Federal Reserve whose practices have led to the devaluing of the dollar since its imposition.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum