Free State of /K/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Original location proposals

+6
Admin
imonaboat
HJH1990
GnuTrip
Kolt.1911
Whiskey Kitteh
10 posters

Go down

Original location proposals Empty Original location proposals

Post  Whiskey Kitteh Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:14 am

Three or so specific locations were proposed in the original thread.

First, this peninsula in Somalia:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Obvious advantage of invading Somalia is that nobody cares, as long as we're not rounding people up and shooting them.

There are a few islands in the Seychelles that I think could work. They all have airstrips and few people.

Someone else proposed this island, which is part of Yemen.

I think that's all of them.
Whiskey Kitteh
Whiskey Kitteh

Back to top Go down

Original location proposals Empty Re: Original location proposals

Post  Kolt.1911 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:08 pm

I almost said that we should move further out onto the peninsula, to avoid having to fight the locals, but that town is in a cove and could serve wonderfully as a port.

And come on. It's /k/. Of course we want to fight the locals.
Kolt.1911
Kolt.1911

https://facebook.com/kolt.tolleson

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Don't underestimate the Sommies.
I hope I don't need to link to an article on Mogadishu.
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  HJH1990 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:33 pm

I'm no tactician, but Mogadishu is a tightly enclosed city, locals were able to pop in from rooftops, second and third story windows and basically cut them to pieces. I certainly hope that some kind of agreement can be arranged with them, like, say, providing them running water and electricity (something I doubt they have) in exchange for peace. Just an idea. But I must admit that some time or later we must defend ourselves. Our proposed en/k/ampment is several miles from the existing town so we would have both advanced warning as well as open ground to fight them on.
HJH1990
HJH1990

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:42 pm

HJH1990 wrote:I'm no tactician, but Mogadishu is a tightly enclosed city, locals were able to pop in from rooftops, second and third story windows and basically cut them to pieces. I certainly hope that some kind of agreement can be arranged with them, like, say, providing them running water and electricity (something I doubt they have) in exchange for peace. Just an idea. But I must admit that some time or later we must defend ourselves. Our proposed en/k/ampment is several miles from the existing town so we would have both advanced warning as well as open ground to fight them on.

i was thinking that we should wait at xaafun. until we have bomber capability. (even if its a 55 gallon drum filled with a molotov mixture strapped to a Cessna) the just go Luftwaffe on their skinny asses
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  Kolt.1911 Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:53 pm

HJH1990 wrote:I'm no tactician, but Mogadishu is a tightly enclosed city, locals were able to pop in from rooftops, second and third story windows and basically cut them to pieces. I certainly hope that some kind of agreement can be arranged with them, like, say, providing them running water and electricity (something I doubt they have) in exchange for peace. Just an idea. But I must admit that some time or later we must defend ourselves. Our proposed en/k/ampment is several miles from the existing town so we would have both advanced warning as well as open ground to fight them on.

By fight them you mean stay in the en/k/ampment and fire on them from machine gun nests as they attempt to rush the compound, correct?
Kolt.1911
Kolt.1911

Back to top Go down

Post  Whiskey Kitteh Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:38 pm

Kolt.1911 wrote:

By fight them you mean stay in the en/k/ampment and fire on them from machine gun nests as they attempt to rush the compound, correct?
It'll be a great opportunity to get everyone trained on the mortars.
Whiskey Kitteh
Whiskey Kitteh

Back to top Go down

Post  Kolt.1911 Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:50 pm

Whiskey Kitteh wrote:
Kolt.1911 wrote:

It'll be a great opportunity to get everyone trained on the mortars.

afro
>great opportunity to get everyone trained on the mortars
Kolt.1911
Kolt.1911

Back to top Go down

Post  HJH1990 Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:35 am

Kolt.1911 wrote:

That would all depend on what the terrain is actually like. Again, I'm not a tactician. We would need someone with real world desert/scrub experience to advise us.
HJH1990
HJH1990

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:13 am

Might have to worry about Xaan,
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:18 am

GnuTrip wrote:Might have to worry about Xaan,
We need to befriend them, niggers I can handle but a BM-21 grad salvo on our base would make me lose my shit. (and probably die too)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://kommando-nation.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HJH1990 Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 am

[quote="Admin"]
GnuTrip wrote:Might have to worry about Xaan,
We need to befriend them, niggers I can handle but a BM-21 grad salvo on our base would make me lose my shit. (and probably die too)

I agree, we need to strike up some sort of deal with them, maybe give us a 99 year lease on the peninsula, in exchange for helping combat pirates. Guarantee the safety of the local population, plus the pacification of other areas (I said in another thread, Hordio is a pirate base, it's only a few miles NW)
HJH1990
HJH1990

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sun Jul 29, 2012 11:37 am

Perhaps we can strike a deal with Ethiopia? I mean they have been at war with the Somalis for years now simply to secure their border. Im sure they would be willing to help us as a simple security measure.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  GnuTrip Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:41 pm

Canadian Empire wrote:Perhaps we can strike a deal with Ethiopia? I mean they have been at war with the Somalis for years now simply to secure their border. I'm sure they would be willing to help us as a simple security measure.

"The Somalis" Doesn't really work. Somalia is a patchwork of fuck ups and mistakes, all in their own factions with no central government. Puntland has a relatively good military though, and I haven't seen much information on their allies/enemies. I'm fairly certain that they don't like pirates though!
GnuTrip
GnuTrip

Back to top Go down

Post  Canadian Empire Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:45 pm

I was using Somalis as a blanket term. I know the Ethiopia is on bad terms with a faction called Ash-Shabaab.

Canadian Empire

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:55 pm

Canadian Empire wrote:I was using Somalis as a blanket term. I know the Ethiopia is on bad terms with a faction called Ash-Shabaab.

something we could do if we get a diplomat is try to get one or two factions on our side. money opens many doors. that could give us a good stronghold in the country and when were strong enough we can strike hard and take those friendly territories for our selves. we may even be able to institute a coup and give ourselves an army of conscripts to even out our numbers.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  ZeeX10 Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:59 pm

The Puntland Intelligence Agency is the intelligence bureau of Puntland's military. It was officially established in 2001 as the Puntland Intelligence Service during the rule of President Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, with help from the United States.

So much for murrica not caring about Somalia.
ZeeX10
ZeeX10

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:19 pm

ZeeX10 wrote:

We DON'T have A LOT of intel and Special Forces in Somalia, just like we we DON'T have A LOT of special forces in Mexico either.

If you know what I mean.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  imonaboat Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:22 pm

Pendrake wrote:
ZeeX10 wrote:

We DON'T have A LOT of intel and Special Forces in Somalia, just like we we DON'T have A LOT of special forces in Mexico either.

If you know what I mean.

yeah but it would still be a problem. we dont need the CIA waging a covert war with us.
imonaboat
imonaboat

Back to top Go down

Post  kteam Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:52 am

I vote for that Seychelles island. Messing with a larger country is a bad idea for a number of reasons.
Mad Mike Hoare had the right idea. Though using an airliner is probably out of the question this time -
Problem is logistically how do you get the men and materiel to that part of the world.
kteam
kteam

Back to top Go down

Post  Pendrake Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:16 am

Loosely related (though I couldn't think of a better thread), this article is about the future of internet in Africa:

I also laughed when they mentioned the old series of tubes meme.

This shows that relatively soon, having lines of forward communication with even the most rural outposts will be feasible.
Pendrake
Pendrake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down